How It Works
Focus Home Watch and Pet Care offers quality standard residential services while the homeowners are away. In addition to basic home checks for security concerns, possible mechanical or maintenance issues that can lead to bigger problems, we also provide value-added services such as: pet care, pet sitting, dog walking, and small errands for seniors in the house.
When a client gets in touch with us via email or telephone, we will ask several questions to understand client’s needs. The estimated time frame of service requirement is also established. An initial visit free of charge and obligation is booked before the leave. This visit is generally 30 to 60 minutes in length and it includes:
- Meeting the family.
- A complete house tour and identify potential existing issues.
- Determine customer’s individual needs and budget.
- Discuss the home insurance policy requirement.
- Determine the frequency of visits based on customer’s needs and preferences, as well as by their home insurance policy.
- Educate the customer about what is recommended for their particular situation.
- Advise customer about what is the common procedure for a home inspection.
- Adequately inform the client of nature and intent of collecting their personal information and the confidentiality agreement.
- Sign off Service Contract and hand out a vacation preparation guide.
- Sign off Check List for Home Watch (interior / exterior).
- Signe off Check List for pet care.
- Establish emergency contacts and method of communication.
- Establish the cost and set-up method of payment (cash, e-transfer or invoice through PayPal)
- Payment is required at the beginning of the contract for weekly contracts and the start of each month for monthly contracts.
- Pick up the keys and get the alarm information.
- keys will be tagged with a reference number only and kept in a locked and secure area.
While the customer is away, regular inspections will be conducted as defined in the service contract. Our vehicle is not identified to prevent people being aware that the house is unoccupied. A digital electronic record of our visit findings can be emailed to customer the day of each visit or sent at the end of the service contract. Records are securely kept in accordance with privacy legislation requirements and are available for future dates, if required.
If pets are present we will feed, water, clean litter boxes/cages and give attention and affection. If a dog sitting is booked, we will be present in the house every six hours and sleep overnight. If cats are present in the house, a visit is required every day.
When leaving the house we will ensure that the alarm is set and the all doors a locked.
When the client returns, the keys will be returned to customer.
The customer will be immediately contacted if there is a concern with the property.
For any emergency involving the alarm/police/fire department, we will attend the scene on clients’ behalf and fully inform them. If any professional service is required (e.g.: plumber, electrician, contractor), we will arrange to meet them and provide supervised access to the home.
Get A FREE Quote On Our Services
Focus Home Watch and Pet Care
Focus Home Watch and Pet Care provides a variety of secure and reliable house and pet sitting services for clients in northwest Calgary. The company offers superior home watch for unoccupied or vacant residences and on-site pet sitting and exercising services for dog and cats, as well as care for other pets in the house.
We are fully bonded, insured and licensed and passed a background check by the City Police.
Areas Of Calgary We Serve
How It Works
When a client gets in touch with us via email or telephone, we will ask several questions to understand client’s needs. The estimated time frame of service requirement is also established. An initial visit free of charge and obligation is booked before the leave. This visit is generally 30 to 60 minutes in length and it includes... read full details>>
Phone Number: 403-990-1688
Email Address: email@example.com
Monday – Saturday: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm